1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Server error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by ChillaxOwner, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ChillaxOwner

ChillaxOwner Active Member

Hello, I have had this Server Error happen multiple times. I fix it by just installing a upgrade but that's just a temp fix. It happens again days later. I am not sure what is going on but I need to get it fixed.

http://chillax-gaming.com/

[​IMG]

If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me. I need to get this fixed.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a generic 500 error so difficult to debug.

You need to check the server error logs to see if there's anything there.

Also try disabling all add-ons to determine if an add-on is the cause.

3. ChillaxOwner

Question is, do I disable a plugin then wait til it does it again? As said it does it like once every few days. Can you tell me where I can find the certain log I need to check?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't know where your errog log is, probably something like var/log/error_log.

Ask your host if you don't know.

5. ChillaxOwner

I found this in the Apache2/Error.log

[Thu Aug 29 15:25:39 2013] [error] [client 31.131.249.18] script '/var/www/pt.php' not found or unable to stat
    [Thu Aug 29 23:56:19 2013] [error] [client 141.212.121.10] Invalid method in request \x80w\x01\x03\x01

Any ideas?

6. ChillaxOwner

I just Rebuilded the Master Cache or what ever by putting in Update Files which temply fixes it. :[

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have a modification to files looking for "pt.php". You should remove that code to prevent future errors.