1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by meursault, May 1, 2013.

1. meursault

meursault Member

This is the first installation. Latest version.

I tried re-uploading the install/data folder, as suggested in previous threads, but it doesn't do anything, this same error continues to appear.

Thanks.

Server Error
    Server Error

SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='simplexmlelement.--construct'>simplexmlelement.--construct</a>]: edited/public_html/install/data/phrases.xml:2719: parser error : attributes construct error
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportPhrase.php at line 34
    3. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportPhrase->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
    4. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 240
    5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in edited/public_html/install/index.php at line 18

2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

3. meursault

meursault Member

^ That's exactly what I did.

I tried re-uploading the install/data folder, as suggested in previous threads, but it doesn't do anything, this same error continues to appear.

However, for whatever reason, it started working when I did for the fourth time. ?? Hope this won't be a recurring issue.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

14DH01 and Dodgeboard like this.
  5. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Filezilla - the bomb!

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Ehhhhh... I kinda like Yummy FTP. :p

7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a FTP client that eats data. :p

8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

If you are on a cPanel host, you may try to use the in-built File Manager to upload the XenForo zip archive and extract it there.