XF 1.1 Server error log not showing

akia

I think I've got a problem somewhere on my site. I've just checked the server error log and it's showing no errors.

Now I know there should be as I changed my email password and forgot to update it on the sites. So emails were not being sent out.

One of my sites there were a log created showing the problem but nothing on the other. Is the error log batch processed by a cron or anything or do I have a problem.

A failed SMTP connection should show up in the log unless it is quietly failing for some reason. Or maybe an admin with access to the logs deleted the entries which might have been there. Just exploring possibilities.

What is a "mso" email? Most emails are sent immediately on request and are not handled by a cron. But if you tell me what a "mso" email is then I can know for sure. Is that an addon?

I'm the only admin on the site so it's not that someone else has deleted them. As for the mso emails it's meant to say so emails, I was posting from my phone, sorry but corrected now. It's also strange as I've got two sites on the same server,which both would have had the same problem but only one is showing anything in the error log.

Well I have speculated as to why an error might not show in the log.

As for the problem of emails not sending... you will need to verify your SMTP info and possibly examine your mail logs to see what is happening to outgoing emails.

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Email Options

Top Bottom