1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 'Server Error Log' And 'File Health Check'

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TheSalt, Aug 20, 2014.

1. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Hello Gang!

I'm getting a "Server Error Log" for what appears to be related to "Widget Framework". Before I go asking the add-on maker for help I reinstall all the add0on files and cleared the error log. I got another error almost right away. Next I did a "File Health Check" I got a message back about "fb_channel.php". I don't know what this file does or if it effects "Widget Framework" but I would like to correct this before I move onto contacting ""Widget Framework" about the issue. Can someone tell be how to correct this issue?

Many thanks,

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. TheSalt

TheSalt Active Member

Ok, it turns out they are unrelated. I figured this one out on my own... I replaced the (fb_channel.php) file and that fixed that problem. I simply found the file in the contents of the zip file from the last Xenforo update I did and replaced it in the server.

As for the "server error", I downloaded the add-on again and found the file "WidgetRenderer.php" within the upload contents and replaced it in the server, /library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php. No luck with that. Next I compared the two lines of code on line 482 before and after uploading it to the server and it was the same. So no luck there.

I then Googled that line of code "$sandbox = @create_function('$params', 'extract($params); return (' . $expression . ');');" and found some info saying it was probably another widget causing the problem. So that brought me to what I tried next....

I checked off all the widgets in the widget list in the ACP and cleared the server error then refreshed the forum home page. I went through each widget one by one until I found the one that was causing the error. Turns out it wasn't something I wasn't using, it was and old notice I had up months ago. I deleted the widget and all seems to be working correct now.

I know now this probably isn't where this thread should be but I just wanted to share the fix for anyone else that has found this thread by searching, good luck!

Be well,
    xfrocks likes this.