SERP : infinite scroll (almost...)

The interest is that the results that were until now on the second page are found on the first and therefore gain a little more visibility, even if in general it is the first 4 or 5 results that are the most clicked.

Well, you will have to get used to it or change the search engine. And then in this specific case it is not really infinite but represents the number of results corresponding to 6 old pages. Finally it's just a long page...

I don't mind getting more results per page. Less jumping pages is always a good thing with something like search results. However, I find with Google that I am usually getting a usable answer within the first couple pages so continuous or even pages this length seems a bit pointless.

Well, you will have to get used to it or change the search engine. And then in this specific case it is not really infinite but represents the number of results corresponding to 6 old pages. Finally it's just a long page...
Duck Duck Go... here I come as my standard search engine!

You take this information from a user's point of view: I don't like this, I hate it, I prefer this...
Are we on an administrator's forum or not? Do you find your users via Google or DuckDuckGo??

Ironically... I'm getting quite a few from DuckDuckGo.

And no, we aren't on an "administrators forum". We are on a support forum. Not all participants here are necessarily "administrators". ;)

Well, you will have to get used to it or change the search engine.
Not to mention... you specifically stated this... and you were simply told that I'll be "change the search engine" in my case. :cool:

I still mostly use Google. I know my son was using Duck Duck Go back when it was fairly new but not sure what he is using these days now that he lives on the other side of the province. At work, I sometimes use Bing just because we have Edge as our default browser, and you can't change the new tab to anything not owned by Redmond. But I have the home button and default search both set to Google. ;)

I'm curious for those who don't like infinite scroll, why? The only time I find it slightly annoying is when there's something in the footer I'm trying to click. At that point the issue isn't on infinite scroll but whoever put the content in the footer below infinite scroll :D

I'm curious for those who don't like infinite scroll, why?
Not a lot of fun on a trackpad.
Something with a a scroll wheel or button may be better, but for 12 years I've used a trackpad on the Mac and I still don't like having to "flick" down constantly.

I'm curious for those who don't like infinite scroll, why?
I'm searching for infinite scroll for xenforo then landed here. Infinite scroll is the future. if we hate it then we are getting old.

I'm curious for those who don't like infinite scroll, why? The only time I find it slightly annoying is when there's something in the footer I'm trying to click. At that point the issue isn't on infinite scroll but whoever put the content in the footer below infinite scroll :D
Accessibility is the biggest reason why I almost always avoid using any infinites scroll option, or if it's needed having a way to pause it.

Depending on the disability, it is almost impossible to implement with any form of accessibility.

That's a big UI mistake IMHO, and another reason I dislike infinite scrolling. Sites have a footer for a reason--for a lot of extraneous links that we really don't need cluttering up the forum elsewhere. Having a "sticky" footer only robs the screen of display area, so that's not a good idea either.

Top Bottom