Serious Nginx and php problems, temporary fix with restart fastcgi

chrisj

Details:
Ubuntu 10.04
nginx/0.7.65
php 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.9
apc 3.1.3p1

My site is psvitaforum.com and in the past few days it has been in different states of availability.

Sometimes xenforo loads, I can even log into admin site and go through the menus but the front page displays this:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Got error 28 from storage engine
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute()in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()in XenForo/Model.php at line218
  4. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed()in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line197
  5. XenForo_Model_Post->getPostsInThread()in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line69
  6. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()in XenForo/FrontController.php at line310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()in XenForo/FrontController.php at line132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run()in /srv/www/ngpforum.com/public_html/index.php at line13

Instead of the forum list. Other time the server times out and nginx returns 502 and 504 gateway errors.

If I restart fastcgi, the server immediately goes back up but then I'm guessing some cron job or caching triggers the error again. I figured I would try here first before trying linode's forums. Thanks.

I attached the full phpinfo results.

Attachments

Your APC cache, php, and nginx are pretty out of date. I'm not sure how well the dotdeb repositories work with Ubuntu... but having more up to date packages may help you some.

Or you could just deploy a Debian 6 node and move everything over and turn off the old one ;)

p4guru is correct. Error 28 means the hard drive or partition is full.

This error can lead to all kinds of problems, especially if it's the /tmp partition that is full. Fix this error first. You may find that it resolves your other problems.

Top Bottom