[OzzModz] Sequential Stickies

[OzzModz] Sequential Stickies 2.0.1 Patch Level 2

No permission to download

Bespoke

Bespoke submitted a new resource:

Sequential Stickies - Apply desired sequence to sticky threads

Apply desired sequence to sticky threads...

This add-on does not alter any Xenforo tables and so can easily be intalled on large forums.

Once installed you will see an additional input box next to the Sticky option when creating or editing a thread.
You may override the default sticky thread display order by giving it a value starting with 1 (one) which would place it at the very top of the list.
Having it set to 0 (zero) means the thread will have the default display order (newest post...

Read more about this resource...

So far no errors or any red flags after installing. This add-on isn't getting the attention it deserves. I tested it and it works just fine. This is a much needed feature. It sucks not to be able to change the order of stickies. Anyways I +Like the resource. Good work

Hello,

With @CRUEL-MODZ we are @XenSoluce . We would like to take over the maintenance of your add-on and continue to offer it for free, if you agree. (y)

Our site :

Regards, SyTry

Hello
When tryin to reach the Addon section in admin, i am getting this message :
This is recent error :
2019-09-20 00_38_29-L'atelier ASUS - Admin control panel.webp
Do you know how to get rid of this message ? or how to desactivate the addon in mysql ?
Thank you.

There is a numbering issue with this addon that I am going to have to track down.

Problem is let’s say I have three sticky threads, like so:

Joe’s Thread (sticky order 1)
Chris’ Thread (sticky order 2)
Fred’s Thread (sticky order 3)

Now I make another thread a sticky, Paul’s Thread (sticky order 4) then the sticky order automagically ends up like this:

Paul’s thread (sticky order 1)
Joe’s Thread (sticky order 2)
Chris’ Thread (sticky order 3)
Fred’s Thread (sticky order 4)

As you can see the order changed for the first three sticky threads.

No Idea Idk GIF by CBC

It appears the above is as designed. Even if I have four stickies, numbered 1 - 4, and I stick a new thread with a order of 15, the actual orded number ends up being 5.

What I might do is add the sticky order number on forum view, to more easily identify the current order. Something like this:
FDDA0800-7654-468C-B473-2330BFA99CF7.webp

This would only show to admins and moderators.

What I might do is add the sticky order number on forum view, to more easily identify the current order. Something like this:

This would only show to admins and moderators.
Might look a bit cleaner using superscript - it's a nice idea but the trouble is by doing so, the obvious question is then;
Can you make this double clickable to allow for the quick-editing of the order?

;)

Unless you left the number alone, and could somehow add up/down arrows to change the order on-the-fly.. That would be neat, actually! 😅

I would be a cool feature, but i still think it would be a chore pulling it off. Also have you consider development time vs use. I really don’t see admins changing their sticky orders enough to warrant the work.

Top Bottom