Lack of interest Seperate user management and mailing users in admin permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

estranged

Currently if you allow an admin to manage users they can also send mail to all users. I believe this has nothing to do with managing users. I allow them to manage users for editing signatures, avatars or things like that if needed. I have 90.000+ registered members and I am not comfortable with giving this permission to my admins. My ip would be blocked by providers and my server would be suspended probably if such thing happens. I think there must be an additional permission called Email Users

They also have the permission of rebuilding caches which would not be so nice for a large site.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Currently if you allow an admin to manage users they can also send mail to all users. I believe this has nothing to do with managing users. I allow them to manage users for editing signatures, avatars or things like that if needed. I have 90.000+ registered members and I am not comfortable with giving this permission to my admins. My ip would be blocked by providers and my server would be suspended probably if such thing happens. I think there must an additional permission called Email Users

They also have the permission of rebuilding caches which would not be so nice for a large site.

Agreed. First post liked.

Especially the "rebuild caches" is a "please die, now" button in my site (and it is only 300k posts), not to say that nobody should be re-indexing but the super admin

A rogue admin could also email your 90,000 users if you ever have a quarrel, you don't want anybody with that power

Three days is old? :confused:

I was almost sure I read that a couple months ago. My bad.

I still insist these should be separate permissions, and making that change is not that hard.
Stating that it works as designed does not mean that is the final design. It just works as it is designed right now, if new requirements are discovered, and they are reasonable, there is room for improvement.

i have doubts about a persons state of mind if he thinks rebuilding caches is not dangerous for any admin.
No need to insult anyone :)

Actually, that is ok for someone that is the admin and owner of the forum. However, I do want to delegate some admin tasks to people that I know and trust, without giving them access to features and areas I do not want them peeking to, neither to buttons that they might accidentally click :)

Top Bottom