1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Separate the permalink and sharing overlay in posts

Ever wanted a permalink and an overlay? Well now you can.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Brogan submitted a new resource:

Separate the permalink and sharing overlay in posts (version 1.0) - Ever wanted a permalink and an overlay? Well now you can.

Read more about this resource...

speedway and Coop1979 like this.
  2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Brogan, just noticed something with this overlay. Seems to be 'underneath' the BBCode for SoundCloud for me. Any thoughts on how to fix this and put the SoundCloud BBCode to the 'back'?
    BBCode_Overlay.jpg

3. Brogan

That's an issue with the soundcloud media bb code.

Add wmode=opaque or the equivalent to it.

4. ArnyVee

This is what I'm using for the embed html

Code:
    <object height="81" width="100%">
    <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2F{$id}&amp;g=bb"></param>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
    <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2F{$id}&amp;g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed>
    </object>
    Where do I enter the wmode=opaque?

5. Brogan

You could try within the src="..." but ideally you need to check the Soundcloud site and see what parameters are available for use in the embed code.

ArnyVee likes this.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

7. ArnyVee

Just added this to another project and I have to say it is a great improvement to assist with sharing your content and getting the word out via social networking :)

8. tmr

tmr Member

Brilliant, should be as standard!

russoroni and T.S. like this.
  9. avalon-ua

avalon-ua Active Member

"The end result is this (I have also changed the Reply link phrase to Quote)"... Where to find this to change?

10. Brogan

Edit the phrase.

11. avalon-ua

avalon-ua Active Member

Is there changes already, or it was extra changes? <div class="publicControls">
    <xen:hook name="post_public_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
    <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}">
    <a href="{xen:link posts/like, $post}" class="LikeLink item control {xen:if $post.like_date, unlike, like}" data-container="#likes-post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span><span class="LikeLabel">{xen:if $post.like_date, {xen:phrase unlike}, {xen:phrase like}}</span></a>
    </xen:if>
    <xen:if is="!in_array({$visitor.user_id}, array(1445))">
    <xen:if is="{$canReply}">
    <a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>
    </xen:hook>
    <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase cta_share_this_post}" class="item control postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">{xen:phrase cta_share}</a>
    <a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="item muted postNumber" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a>
    </div>

12. avalon-ua

avalon-ua Active Member

I did it but I see SHARE in english,though all forum in Rusian. How to change SHARE to ПОДЕЛИТЬСЯ?

13. Brogan

14. avalon-ua

avalon-ua Active Member

I did but without success

[​IMG]

15. popr

popr Active Member

The current post template in 1.5 is a little different than the one that is shown in the instructions. Should the replacement portion be changed as well?

16. Brogan

If the template code no longer matches, it would need to be changed, yes.

17. popr

popr Active Member

It no longer matches for 1.5.0. Any chance for a quick update?