SEO (SEO2) [Deleted]

I'd like to suggest two features:

The ability to edit the page title tag, url slug and meta description for node indexes and threads. Similar to how to many of the SEO add ons work for wordpress.

For nodes, it would be useful so that the URL and H1 can remain short and concise on site (as is the case with the current ACP options), but then you can still have a long descriptive title tag to show up in the search listings, encouraging users to click.

For example, picking a product off the top of my head, say it was a water discussion site you could have it setup like so:

Nice short URL: waterforum.com/britta
Short, but still descriptive on page H1 (original node name in the ACP): Britta Filters
Longer and much more descriptive title tag for serps: Britta Water Filter Forum & Community
Some custom meta description to act as a CTA for search engines users that you don't really need displayed on the page, vs the current node description which gets displayed on page and in the SERP snippet.

This could also be very useful for specific threads with good content that you want to try and rank.

You don't necessarily want to go around changing the display H1 thread names for all your user's content, but you could have the ability to change and optimise the URL slug and also the hidden title tag and meta description for that thread. This will allow you to front load the URL and title tag with the important keywords, while maintaining the original on page h1 thread title.
This.

could you open source the code then? it's a very useful addon and one of the only SEO addons for XF.

This decision would be upsetting for existing customers.
@au lait is good developer, helpful and a good friend! I'm proud to say that!
This update will not a simple update I think all existing customers should donate. (me too)

This decision would be upsetting for existing customers.
I find this hard to believe.

It was only about $30 to purchase. I think XenForo site admins would rather see fellow site owners do well and improve their sites than worry about the extra $30 they had to spend a year or two ago.

The better the software, the more users, the more sites, the more development, the better the software. Making everyone's site a little better with this add-on would only help us all.

The better the software, the more users, the more sites, the more development, the better the software. Making everyone's site a little better with this add-on would only help us all.

@bzcomputers you are right, It is impossible not to agree with this! (y)
But we have to respect @au lait decision.

Products need to be supported to thrive. I don't think it's enough to just say thank you for a developer who has put in time and effort.

i would gladly pay for this addon (again!) if someone would just take up the reigns on it and make it work for 2.2! but if no one is going to do that, then just post the source code so people can do it themselves!

This I negated! But everyone who has an active license will benefit from it in case of an update.
There will probably not be an XF2.2 version. If there are problems with SEO2 and XF2.1 I will provide an update anytime.

I am not aiming for a publication. The reason for this very poor solution is simply the fact that I no longer have a business. As much as I would like to continue offering my add-ons - it is no longer possible.

That's fine then, just release the code. Someone else will more than likely work on it from there.

I mean, do what you want, I guess, but it's obviously in demand, so I don't see much reason not to.

Top Bottom