SEO questions

Peremr

Hey Guys I have some questions about SEO Features in XenForo, ( we are planning to move our current VB4 Forum to another System and XF seems the best choice):
  1. Meta Titles & descriptions could be Customized in XF?
  2. Is there a Autolink replacement functionality in the core or we need to buy an add-on?
  3. About Google Tag Manager with XF, is there any add-on to manage it or we could add it directly in the XF?
  4. about 301 redirects... has XF an area admin to manage 301 redirects, or could you recommend some add-on to manage them?
  5. Is there a xml Sitemap advanced generator ( ability to split xml files, custom areas to include in the sitemap, etc...)?
  6. Is there a External link Manager ( to manage 'nofollow', permisions to add external links, etc..)?
  7. Is there a canonical Rel option for the Threads?
  8. About the URL structure:
    1. What is the max Pages per thread?
    2. Can we manage /folder/subfolders/ to simulate forum/ subareas/ (Vbulletin Current Structure)?
Many Thanks in Advance

PD: those questions were posted in a Previous Thread started with my Co-worker.

Tags do not matter anymore. Meta description might be something XF should consider adding but not going to be the big factor or a big factor for that matter either. Today SEO relies heavily on clicks+bouce rate+backlinks+site speed. These are the factors Google and other major search engines use to determine which site worth being shown on first page.
This, may or may not be technically correct, but either way it is very narrow view of the role of "SEO." I'm after the largest volume of qualified traffic, over time.

Professionally, and with my own forum, I'm in the business of building brands. How you present yourself is crucial.

Google "expert skier" or "building a ski cabin" to get a glimpse into our approach.

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 6.13.14 PM.png

Look at the difference in control you have on your main index page vs "Media" and "Smilies". On the index page you can set the meta description.

Personally I'd want "Explore the Enigma" in the title tag on the main page, but would only want "Alien Babble" on all the sub pages.

Tags do not matter anymore. Meta description might be something XF should consider adding but not going to be the big factor or a big factor for that matter either. Today SEO relies heavily on clicks+bouce rate+backlinks+site speed. These are the factors Google and other major search engines use to determine which site worth being shown on first page.
I disagree. CTR has everything to do with rank.

Putting the raw ranking factors aside, if Google puts you first and your CTR is low, you won't stay there long.

(This response was added to the wrong post above.)

Top Bottom