XF 2.0 seo issue

ak38

hi guys

im having some trouble. when i look in google search console its telling me i have 1000s of dead links. I think because somehow I have dropped the /forums/ part of the url.
not sure how to fix this? I would like make the links like before to repair the broken links but even though i can get forums to be /forums the threads and media gallery etc havent got the /forums/ prefix in the url so they are error 404ing.

Any help would be great

so at the moment I have mysite.com/media before it was mysite.com/forums/media
before it was mysite.com/forums/threads at the moment it is mysite.com/threads

Any ideas how to get the forums part of the url back ?

Thanks

Can you not add a 301 redirect to the previous directories paths by adding javascript into a new/custom index.php page for each?

ie create path: /forums/media/index.php > 301 redirect to > /media

ie create path: /forums/threads/index.php > 301 redirect to > /threads

The only thing is it would redirect to the index page of the two directories but would be better than a 401 error

I want to change the forums back so everything is off of forums/

At the moment this issue is also causing the email confirmation link to fail as it is also /forums/account-confirmation/ even this now gives an error 404

I don't want to do anything complicated just to have everything having links like this:

mysite.com/forums/media
mysite.com/forums/thread....
mysite.com/forums/resources

I dont know how I changed it away from this? was it the upgrade to xf2 or something I did? any ideas where the setting is I need to change?

I'm really struggling with this and now members cannot register as they cannot confirm via email :/

Please help

If everything previously was in the format mysite.com/forums as you suggest in your last post, you would have had your XenForo installation in a forums folder (presumably you did have mysite.com/forums/forums/ then?) If so, simply move your installation back into a forums folder. Though really if there's no need for it to be in a forums folder, you'd be better leaving the installation in the root as it is now, simply changing ACP > Setup Options > Basic board information > Board URL to mysite.com (and the Index page route should be forums/). After that, sort out some 301 redirects in your .htaccess file.

Top Bottom