[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

New update almost ready, improves the Word Counter and adds accurate page title suffixes to the Google Live Preview as set on the Page Titles section.

Not sure if this is a bug or user error but the hover over text for index status on threads seems to only state page cannot be indexed irrespective of the actual thread index criteria.

Also can't seem to override the forum list title, seems to be stuck on Forum List | Board Title.

The Moz article link at the bottom here is broken: /admin.php?nulumia-seo/links

Last edited:
When I edit an AMS article, the format/template is not correctly rendered. So the edit screen is all the way over to the left etc.

Hi there!
I’m definitely interested in buying this addon, however, since it is still a release candidate, is it safe to use this addon?

I have a theme from themehouse, so I’m not sure if this addon is safe to use yet…

I’d be happy to hear your experience with this addon! 😁

A few more bugs I saw today:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Admin/Controller/Navigation.php:27
Generated by: Tex Jan 29, 2022 at 10:39 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Admin/Controller/Navigation.php(27): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Inv...', '/home/boardga1/...', 27, Array)
#1 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Navigation.php(129): Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation->navigationSaveProcess(Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Entity\Navigation))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Navigation', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/admin.php?navigation/xc_premium_page/save"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "https://www.xxx.net/admin.php?navigation/xc_premium_page/edit"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["navigation/xc_premium_page/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(12) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["navigation_id"] => string(15) "xc_premium_page"
    ["title"] => string(7) "Premium"
    ["parent_navigation_id"] => string(0) ""
    ["display_order"] => string(3) "524"
    ["navigation_type_id"] => string(8) "callback"
    ["config"] => array(1) {
      ["callback"] => array(3) {
        ["callback_class"] => string(37) "XenConcept\PremiumPage\Navigation\Tab"
        ["callback_method"] => string(9) "supporter"
        ["context"] => string(0) ""
      }
    }
    ["enabled"] => string(1) "1"
    ["addon_id"] => string(22) "XenConcept/PremiumPage"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(42) "/admin.php?navigation/xc_premium_page/edit"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: extra_attr_values src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Admin/Controller/Navigation.php:27
Generated by: Tex Jan 29, 2022 at 10:39 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Admin/Controller/Navigation.php(27): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/boardga1/...', 27, Array)
#1 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Navigation.php(129): Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation->navigationSaveProcess(Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Entity\Navigation))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Navigation', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XF\Admin\Controller\Navigation), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#8 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/admin.php?navigation/xc_premium_page/save"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "https://www.xxx.net/admin.php?navigation/xc_premium_page/edit"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["navigation/xc_premium_page/save"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(12) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["navigation_id"] => string(15) "xc_premium_page"
    ["title"] => string(7) "Premium"
    ["parent_navigation_id"] => string(0) ""
    ["display_order"] => string(3) "524"
    ["navigation_type_id"] => string(8) "callback"
    ["config"] => array(1) {
      ["callback"] => array(3) {
        ["callback_class"] => string(37) "XenConcept\PremiumPage\Navigation\Tab"
        ["callback_method"] => string(9) "supporter"
        ["context"] => string(0) ""
      }
    }
    ["enabled"] => string(1) "1"
    ["addon_id"] => string(22) "XenConcept/PremiumPage"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(42) "/admin.php?navigation/xc_premium_page/edit"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Feature Improvements, Feature Additions, Bug Fixes

Changelog​

Google Live Preview
  • Further improved the Google Live Preview feature
  • Removed several deprecated macro variables and cleaned up templates
  • Increased macro efficiency
  • Further improved visual matching of actual Google results for different content
  • The Google Live Preview now correctly uses custom Page Title Suffixes as set in the SEO -> Page Titles section
  • Custom page title suffixes and even added category titles will now correctly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

With this I meant something else. When a user creates a topic that is not meaningful.
For me, topic titles are also SEO and often to optimize. If you do SEO then immediately perfect
When I buy an SEO add-on I don't want to have to install other SEO stuff. Then rather say right from the start what is not so good.

View attachment 264018
If I understand you correctly, you'd like the addon to optimize them automatically. IMO, this is technically impossible from a meta title & description standpoint. There are other things that could possibly be done automatically, in a future update, such as displaying relevant keywords for the thread on the page. One user already suggested this here.

Unfortunately for thread meta titles and descriptions, this takes a staff or writer to handle these.

I recommend having a moderator at least who is instructed on optimizing meta fields for important sections. I've still to release my case study on how I did this to boost a client site, so stay tuned on that.
Not sure if this is a bug or user error but the hover over text for index status on threads seems to only state page cannot be indexed irrespective of the actual thread index criteria.
This was a visual bug only in a previous version which should be rectified now. Make sure if you think something is off, to inspect the code and ensure the robots noindex tag is not present. If it is but you're sure it should not be, do the following:
  • Click on the index status (red) icon and launch the Manage Indexing popup. Ensure that the content is set to either Always Allow, or Inherit (recommended/default).
  • Check the node in Admin -> Forums -> Nodes, what indexing criteria or settings you've given. Make sure it's not set to 'Deny'. If it's set to use criteria or the global default forums criteria, double check these criteria against the thread in question so see if the noindexing makes sense.
I am releasing a new useful SEO staff bar link in the next update, which will launch a comprehensive SEO popup with all relevant info for that page. Indexing status, why it's indexed or noindexed, what criteria is met or isn't, etc. I know this will be super helpful to many so I'm hurrying to finish it.

When I edit an AMS article, the format/template is not correctly rendered. So the edit screen is all the way over to the left etc.
This should have been fixed in the last update. Would you mind providing a screenshot of where it's still occurring?
A few more bugs I saw today:
Looking into these for the next patch, thank you

Hey everyone, the latest patch is quite massive and took almost several dozen working hours to complete the new features.

I'd just like to give a heads up that I'm behind on addressing everyone's requests, PMs and questions (another reason for temp halt in sales). Work on this addon is proceeding at a very heavy pace, and please know I will address everyone despite the delays. I appreciate the patience as always as the addon's reception during this beta phase has been huge.

I finally got around to buying this "early" to support how hard you're working. I'm realllly tempted to just put it on my live site instead of waiting for the stable release.

I finally got around to buying this "early" to support how hard you're working. I'm realllly tempted to just put it on my live site instead of waiting for the stable release.
What is present is much closer now to being stable. Existing feature sets have gone through a lot of changes since first public beta, and I'm very happy with things now compared to the addon's lifecycle during private use. However, the future and roadmap for this addon is quite extensive. At some point it will have to shift into a series of stable and beta builds in a sort of back and forth process, as I honestly never see heavy new feature development stopping :-)

I foolishly dove right into RC4 contrary to usually not touching Betas or RCs, and so far no major issues bar some small bugs and google flagging a few noindex pages that were treated as submitted URLs (member pages which I purposely set as noindex).

Good job @Nulumia

I foolishly dove right into RC4 contrary to usually not touching Betas or RCs, and so far no major issues bar some small bugs and google flagging a few noindex pages that were treated as submitted URLs (member pages which I purposely set as noindex).

Good job @Nulumia
I'm doing it right now and I'm hype.

I have been trying to prevent my forum list from showing the board title twice. The different combinations of page title settings that seemed like they would work, aren't fixing it.
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 6.12.53 PM.webp

It looks like forum description link titles are confused when HTML is used in the forum description:
Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 5.37.12 PM.png

Getting a server error when trying to view the article list, following the new update:

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: article_list_suffix in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XenAddons/AMS/Pub/Controller/ArticleItem.php at line 21

1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XenAddons/AMS/Pub/Controller/ArticleItem.php at line 21

2. Nulumia\SeoTools\XenAddons\AMS\Pub\Controller\ArticleItem->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352

3. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259

4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115

5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57

6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2351

7. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517

8. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

I don't have suffixes enabled, enabling them has temporarily worked around the issue.

A new version of AMS 2.2.17 is out, where the developer added the meta title, OG title. Please check if there is a conflict with your plugin.

Selection_600.webp

I have been trying to prevent my forum list from showing the board title twice. The different combinations of page title settings that seemed like they would work, aren't fixing it.
View attachment 264251

It looks like forum description link titles are confused when HTML is used in the forum description:
View attachment 264250
HTML checks added
Getting a server error when trying to view the article list, following the new update:

I don't have suffixes enabled, enabling them has temporarily worked around the issue.
Graceful failure checks added
Any major pains with the latest release other than AMS issues? Doing a straw poll
Work is going quickly to bring this addon in line with Bob's latest changes. There's some overlap currently with some features so I will be making the best possible decisions to bridge between these.

I will post exact information here as soon as it's 100%.

Also, new patch coming in about 30 minutes with new improvements.

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Improvements, Optimizations, Minor Bug Fixes

Google Live Preview
  • Added missing custom page title suffix support in several addons
Miscellaneous
  • Improved several permissions
  • Improved handling of options for noindexing member pages
Page Titles
  • Improved page title handling of the forum list
    • Fixed an issue where the board title would be appended unnecessarily under certain configurations
    • Improved conditional display when the forum list is set as the primary...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A note on Article Management System (AMS)​

For those that saw the latest release of AMS, there's indeed some new native features which overlap with those in SEO & Index Tools. I would recommend not upgrading your AMS at this time if you're using this addon, until I post either a patch or information regarding using these two together.

Long-term and seamless combination of these two addons is paramount, along with other of Bob's addons. I am quickly determining the best route with the new changes.

@Nulumia Possibly a silly question. How many RCs do you expect to be? I'm hedging my bets on when to purchase at the Beta price. I know that makes me sound cheap but money is tight right now, but I don't want to miss out on the good deal. Thank you for the awesome work thus far. I've been watching from the sidelines :D

Many thanks

Top Bottom