Sending money to Russia

This just shows that XenForo needs to add payment gateways to the Resource Manager. Guiltars problem is not an exotic issue. There need to be payment gateways that cater to all popular payment options.

The same goes for subscriptions. I really could not care less for credit cards. Give us:
  • Yandex webmoney
  • WU PAY(western unions paypal alternative)
  • Poli(Australias major online payment method)
  • Google checkout
  • SEPA(EU online banking)
  • Skrill(formerly moneybookers offering many payment methods)
  • Mobile payments
  • Ukash (retail vouchers available at 140.000 locations)
There are many countries where paypal and credit cards simply does not work or are not very common methods. If Xenforo would make a deal with a payment gateway like Playspan then that would add 100+ payment methods in one go.

BTW: inter-ac is Canadian online banking.

This just shows that XenForo needs to add payment gateways to the Resource Manager. Guiltars problem is not an exotic issue. There need to be payment gateways that cater to all popular payment options.

The same goes for subscriptions. I really could not care less for credit cards.

There are many countries where paypal and credit cards simply does not work or are not very common methods.

Exactly. That's one of the main reasons (creditcards are/were less commonly used in the Netherlands compared to a country like the USA) why the fantastic iDeal became enormously successful in The Netherlands.

If Xenforo would make a deal with a payment gateway like Playspan then that would add 100+ payment methods in one go.
Yes indeed. And Playspan even supports iDeal so it seems. Mollie is for example another (Dutch only?) gateway if understand it correctly that also supports iDeal. They even provide a fair amount of ready made modules (amongst others: a php module) for you to easily integrate it in your site: http://www.mollie.nl/betaaldiensten/ideal/modules/. Wordpress is there and some other platforms.

Apparently (I am not a technical person) using Mollie/their modules as the gateway makes it much easier to implement iDeal on your site. At the time Mike looked at my request to get it into vBulletin, but it apparently was a rather huge and difficult undertaking and so it did not materialize. Maybe (I don't know anything about these sort of things) a gateway like Mollie or Playspan or whatever suits best can be the solution which many people are looking for indeed. Many website owners are looking for ways to monetize their site (even more so then 8 years ago when I started requesting an iDeal integration in vBulletin) and surely the world (and it's money...) doesn't turn only around Paypal.

iDeal is the Dutch part of SEPA. Every European country has one or more SEPA online banking methods. In a few years they will all become one big system. iDEAL is the number one online payment method in the Netherlands, just like Sofort in Germany and Poli in Australia.

There are various large payment gateways that advertise their easy integration. Some gateways will likely even create the integration for XenForo if they are asked by KAM. (as they have done this for other platforms in the past)

It should be possible to send money to anywhere with PayPal. If your country doesn't have option to withdraw money to bank account, you should be able to withdraw your money to a credit card. So all you need is a credit card.

Paypal is not available to any country, nor to anyone.

Paypal is a highly dangerous payment method. While paypal has recently promised to better itself, it is known to rob its customers of their money, by freezing accounts for frivolous reasons. Last December Paypal made the news again as they seized the account of a charity for children in need. Seizing accounts is big business for Paypal.

When you sign up to paypal you basically waive all your rights and agree that they can seize your account.

During the lawsuit, I had expected Internet Brands to make a complaint to paypal. This would certainly have lead to the seizure of XF its paypal account and therefore cause more financial drain. Paypal immediately acts upon such complaints. Fortunately this does not seem to have happened. But this illustrates just how vulnerable paypal account holders are.

Hey first time poster. :)

Hello hello, I am not here to spam advertise if it came out like that. I am a new XenForo license holder! :) Recently moved from vB. I am also not Russian but I used the service I mentioned and I liked it. Wanted to share it with you because most posts here are about global processors such as Paypal, Google Checkout etc and not about Russian services like you asked for.

And by the way Paypal does work in Russia. I don't know why some people thinks otherwise. (I have Russian friends who uses it. And I've seen it with my own eyes.)
It doesn't allow withdrawal to bank account but it allows withdrawal to credit card like Arty above mentioned.

Top Bottom