Send mail to specific user group (s).

Commodore

Is there a way I can send an email to an entire user group or multiple user groups without selecting each and every participant?

Ok that goes to their email address that they signed up with. Excellent.

However, I'd also like to send them a PM that goes directly to their Inbox on our forum.

Well I attempted the email to 2 user groups and got this error in return (even though there are PLENTY of users in these user groups)...

Error

No users matched the specified criteria.

screenies:

YxUguPU.png

Regarding the email issue - can you post a screenshot of one of your members (feel free to redact) that shows their primary and secondary groups?

The primary user group should be Registered by default in XF (unless you've changed this)

Hi Optic. Thank you for your feedback.

Yes everyone is listed as registered as their primary group. Then the secondary groups consist of which game they play, and if they hold an important rank (guild leader, officer)

As requested, a "regular member" of our site.

yRl65Xk.png

@Commodore it doesn't really make a difference but you only need to tick criteria if it's going to narrow who you send to. So for example you don't need to tick both Staff and Not Staff, nor both Discouraged and Not Discouraged. In both cases you can leave these tick boxes blank. What you're doing will still work, you're just ticking more than you need to.

Top Bottom