example
forum.domain.com

now have some forums not show on the domain above but single them out as
forum2.domain.com

Also is it posable to run an addon this way

events.domain.com

Thanks

Read the FAQ I linked to above.

All content must be available on all domains if using a single license/database.

Can multiple subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

Read the FAQ I linked to above.

All content must be available on all domains if using a single license/database.

Can multiple subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.
above post I edited it :)
Hmm ok there goes that idea than..
Ta

Edit oh thats ok than cool :) now to find out how to do it :D

Ok..
say you made a forum unviewable from the main forum list and used that as a subdomain but still having a link in the navbar to the other forums "so all content is there" this is what I mean

lol it's hard to type what I mean >.>

If the content appears differently at each subdomain then this wouldn't permitted as it would be akin to making it appear like 2 different installations.

but its not two forums or appearing like two (I don't understand as its one log-in and everything will be the same)

so this is ok? xenforo/xyz
and this is not xyz.xenforo

I'm still not clear on exactly what is you're trying to do.
Based on your original comments, you want some forums to appear in one subdomain, but not the other.
Is that still the case?

If so, it's not permitted.

When navigating to both domains, all categories, forums, posts, etc. must be visible and available at each subdomain.

You can do something like:
forum1.domain.com (which will directly link to domain.com/(xfroot)/forums/forum1.id) but from that URL, the whole of the forum has to be accessible and not just that one forum.

You can have subdomains linking to certain forums/categories, but you can't prevent your users from finding their way to a different forum/category from that subdomain.

Top Bottom