1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Select to quote no longer works

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AndreaMarucci, Jan 4, 2015.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

I've enabled Select-to-quote in ACP and I've tried on my Chrome and Firefox on OS X and it worked. Today a user told me that if he select just part of the message and click on Quote, all the message text is quoted and not only the selected part.

I've now tried at home using Firefox and Chrome (latest versions) and I've discovered that that user is right. Instead of quoting just the selected text, all the message text is quoted.

I've just upgraded from 1.3.5 to 1.4.3 and I've disabled the addon QuoteMe since it's redundant, just to tell the latest things I've done.

What's happening? How can I fix it?

2. AndreaMarucci

BTW I've just tried here and it works, so it's a problem of my forum...

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does it work with all add-ons disabled in a completely default unedited style?

4. AndreaMarucci

Good qustion. Problem is that if I disable everything I really don't know which one is guilty. Maybe I can post here a list of my addons so that you can look at it and determine what addon could be. If I'm not wrong as soon as I've upgraded the select to quote worked so I've to understand which addon I've installed last...

5. AndreaMarucci

6. NixFifty

NixFifty Well-Known Member

Try disabling them all and then re-enabling one by one until it stops working again.

7. AndreaMarucci

OMG! I'll try first to disable the latest ones just to see what's happen...

8. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Another approach would be inspired by binary search in which you would divide the list of add-ons in two parts. Now enable first half and disable second half. If the issue disappears, the culprit is in the second half otherwise in the first half. Then divide the identified half further in tow halves and repeat the operation recursively. You should be able to pinpoint the culprit in about six tries if you have up to 64 add-ons and in seven tries if you have 128. :)

NixFifty likes this.
  9. AndreaMarucci

Mmmhhh good idea indeed. I'll try... Thanks!

10. AndreaMarucci

I've created a new default style and tried the select quote but the problem is still here so shouldn't be the style but one of the addons...

11. AndreaMarucci

Found. It was Quote de Xenfacil. I've disable it and now the select to quote works as advised. I'll drop a note for the developer...