1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by System0, Jun 12, 2014.

1. System0

System0 Active Member

I started seeing this problem today. It appears whenever you try and view someone's profile.

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

There are a lot of threads about the issue on Xenforo, but nothing seems to resolve the issue:

• I repaired the tables vis phpMyAdmin.
    • I have optimised the tables vis phpMyAdmin.
    • I had added code to .htaccess to force www today, however I removed the code and the problem still exists, so I don't think it is that.
    • I don't appear to have suhosin installed.
    • There are no entries in the server error log since last month.
    Is there anything else I should be checking? I have not experienced any downtime or problems with my server today, so I am not sure what could be causing this.

The only other thing I did was install Widgets Collection for Widget Framework 2.0.2; however I uninstalled that right away as I didn't like the plugin. No one who installed the plugin seems to have reported any issues with it, so I am not sure if that caused it or not.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Kevin

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Does it still happen if you disable all addons?

Liam

3. System0

System0 Active Member

Yes. The error is still there if I disable all add ons (sorry, forgot to check that before).

4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Which site is it? Is it http://www.riseforums.com/?

I think you have an issue in your htaccess file. I suggest you reupload it from the XF package.

System0 likes this.
  5. System0

System0 Active Member

You're a star Liam. That looks like what was causing it. Much appreciated :)