Add-on Secondary Post Count

Ludachris

I'm going to be using a few of our forums as Classifieds forums, and a few others as Article forums. I come from vB and had a plugin that I used for Classifieds to keep those posts separate from the forums, which allowed me to also display a separate post count for Classifieds posts. I was able to display that post count in the postbit area, which was really nice.

I also have some forums that are dedicated to "tech articles". These are moderated forums that are meant to be like a library. I'd like to have a separate post count for those too.

I'm looking to create a plugin that will allow the admin to easily specify a new post count for one or multiple forum nodes. This way I can have a separate post count for classifieds, articles, and possibly some other forums. The admin would select all the forums they want included for the post count. I would need some guidance as to how to place it in the postbit area and on the member's profile. It will be running on a big board site so it needs to be fairly lightweight.

Top Bottom