1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Secondary Group Username CSS Color & Permissions Bug - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by RedSpades, Jun 6, 2014.

1. RedSpades

RedSpades Member

Hi everyone,

I have an issue going on with the username CSS color for a usergroup, VIP Membership.

I've attached a screenshot of what I put in the username CSS section. Basic color change. I also have the Display Priority at 1000, which is the highest.

For some reason, the users in the VIP group do not have their usernames changing in color...

Also, I noticed that those who are in the VIP group as a SECONDARY, do not seem to be able to post threads in a VIP board. I locked a board so only VIP members can post threads in this board, but it only works if I switch the user to VIP primary... When Registered is left as the Primary and the user has VIP as secondary, I feel as if Xenforo defaults to Registered. Is there a way to make VIP secondary group higher in priority than Registered?

Attached Files:

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I have seen this on some styles that were heavily customized. Trying using the !important tag after the color

colorblue !important;
    RedSpades likes this.
  3. RedSpades

RedSpades Member

That worked! Thanks. :)

All I have left to do is figure out how to make specific secondary groups overwrite the Registered group. If you have any ideas on how to do this, please let me know.
    Adam Howard likes this.