XF 1.2 Second Node icons

MoJoPZ

Im new to Xenforo and i have been trying to add a second node icon by following this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/node-secondary-images.1512/ it works fine but the icons i add get cut off, Just a heads up im also new to css styling. Here is the problem
HG6TyL9.jpg

here is what i have in EXTRA.css

Code:
.node .nodeText {
  position: absolute;
top: -2px;
padding-left: 90px;
}

.nodeList .node_40 .nodeText{ background: url("images/Ghosts.png") no-repeat }

I've been told this is the way to do it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/

But I've been facing the sort-of the same problem. My images slanted to the left like yours is being slanted to the "top" while the rest of the image is being cut off from the middle down.

I used this code:
Code:
/* custom status icons */

/* node id 2*/
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-2.png");
}
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-2.png");
}
/* node id 7*/
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-7.png");
}
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-7.png");
}
/* node id 15*/
.node .node_15 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_15 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-15.png");
}
.node .node_15 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_15 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-15.png");
}
....On 1.2, and I found it doesn't really work.

I know you wanted second category nodes, but what I'm saying is, we're facing the same kind of problems.

Hell, I even experienced the same "disappearing icons" as shown in the image you provided.

Last edited:
Your secondary icons are 80px in height, with only 31px height available in the node container.

Either reduce your icons or increase the height of the container.

Top Bottom