XF 2.2 Second Avatar or Profile Photo That Appears on Posts

clasione

I have an automotive forum and I think it would be fantastic if members could have an additional photo on their posts for their vehicle.
I imagine there would be an extra area to upload an additional photo with a template modification to show the photo as in my example below.

Anyone ever see anything like this or have any ideas about getting it done? (MY RIDE)

PRO2.webp

I have an automotive forum and I think it would be fantastic if members could have an additional photo on their posts for their vehicle.
I imagine there would be an extra area to upload an additional photo with a template modification to show the photo as in my example below.

Anyone ever see anything like this or have any ideas about getting it done? (MY RIDE)

View attachment 295123
I think it's a nice idea and one of the developers could surely make it happen. It could be used for a variety of different subject matters. For a car site, I'm confident many people would like to share both their avatar/personal photo and the vehicle they're at the community about. This would also be helpful in discussions as people could at least be fairly certain which vehicle a member/poster is writing about.

It could be done with a custom user field and a template edit with the image uploaded elsewhere such as a thread or the gallery.

To do it as a one click upload would require custom development.

It could be done with a custom user field and a template edit with the image uploaded elsewhere such as a thread or the gallery.

To do it as a one click upload would require custom development.

That's interesting...... So it sounds like the user would have a custom field within their profile somewhere and there would need to be an instructional post for users to learn how to do it? So basically, the instructional post would probably just be to create a "show off your rid" post in the show off your ride forum and Copy the URL of the image and paste it into the Custom User Field. I think that would work.

I'm new to XenForo....

Where is this custom user field option.

Custom field added easily....
Which template is used to show the user information as in my screenshot including the Avatar, Name, Staff Member, etc...

Found the template:
message_macros

Now I would need the equivielent to show the item if customer profile field is exists and is filled.
<xf:if is="$extras.custom_fields.MyRide">

Last edited:
Top Bottom