XF 2.1 Search Users by birthdate?

sandnes

My forum is 13+ but there is a section that is restricted to 18+ (it must be manually joined, ostensibly by joining you are certifying you are at least 18 years old).

Back when my forum was on vBulletin I would routinely search for users who joined that section but whose DOB showed they were under 18, because doing so was a bannable offence. I don't see a birthdate field in the Search Users screen, why is that? You can specify other date ranges (registered between, last visited between).

There's not a lot you can do really. Even if you nominally restrict access to 18 and older, anyone can just register with a false birthdate and access the restricted forums that way.

Even on vBulletin, that COPPA thing was pretty much useless.

There's not a lot you can do really. Even if you nominally restrict access to 18 and older, anyone can just register with a false birthdate and access the restricted forums that way.

Even on vBulletin, that COPPA thing was pretty much useless.
I understand and completely agree with you, but respectfully that's got nothing to do with my question.

@Xon 's moderator essentials caters to this. I had a function added to it that automatically bans underage members. It includes a grace period that you can set (if you want)
This way you do not need to search for account as the accounts are all automatically banned. The user gets an appropriate message and is unbanned after their age allows them to enter.
Screenshot_2019-08-12 Moderator Essentials Drugs-Forum - Admin control panel.webp

If you combine it with a multiple account detector like @Xon 's signup abuse addon then its pretty effective.

Reactions: Xon
Screenshot_2019-08-12 Moderator Essentials Drugs-Forum - Admin control panel.png
This is from Moderator Essentials?

Top Bottom