1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Eliteoomph, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Eliteoomph

Eliteoomph Member

Hey guys I am having a problem with the search function.

First of all let me explain my forum so you will understand what it is I am trying to accomplish.

Basically it is a forum where you give/take/trade items. The way I am setting it up is so that in every thread that has a item still available I put the following tag in the thread title (Find Items).
    and once items have been taken I change the thread title to include (Item Taken)

The reason being so that a member can search Find Items in the search bar and it displays all available items to keep them from having to wonder through 14 different categories.

Now it seemed like a great idea but here is where I am having problems.

I just did the search "Find Items" and it returned 1 to 9 of 15 results on one page
    when I click next I get this

Welcome to the LetsGiv Forum!

No results found.

so puzzled I did a search for "letsgiv" knowing it should return a lot more results
    the results were 1 to 20 of 49
    I clicked next twice and had no problems

I difference that I noticed was that on the first search "Find Items" There was a next button down on the bottom right but not the bottom left where there was with the "letsgiv" search.

NOTICE: This would not be a big deal except I notice one of my items up for grabs is not in this list. I can only assume it is in the 10-15...

I am confused why it wouldn't display all 15 on the first page in the first place since it displayed 20 on the "letsgiv" search

I hope I explained this properly

Here is a screenshot to help out...

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I was unable to reproduce this on my own forum. But I am guessing this has to do with the search results being cached. Try emptying the xf_search table between searches. Use this query:

TRUNCATE TABLE xf_search;