Lack of interest Search Forums: pull Media Gallery posts (+Resource Manager criteria)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

beerForo

Search Forums are a new feature in 2.2 but they currently only utilize forum threads.
This suggestion is to pull Media Gallery posts into the forum vie a Search Forum.
I feel like I am beating an injured horse (not quite dead) in regards to XFMG discovery, but I don't think this has been suggested yet, and XF has mentioned that the system is extensible. This would be AWESOME! A perfect solution really. Create a Search Forum for threads with a certain prefix, and pull in a certain Gallery category, etc. So the title is bold and bumped when it has new comments, but you click it and you are taken to the Gallery so you can comment and rate there. This is not about reading comments as threads, but simply using "Search Forums" as they are intended... a search result. Thanks!

I don't mention Resources above because those discussions are already forum threads which means you can already set up a Search Forum and include them. But I am sure it can be extended to include categories, prefixes of RM as well. So this suggestion is for both.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom