1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Search for users with web address in their profile

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Is it possible to do a serch that would show all members who have put a web address (Home Page) in their personal details?

2. James

James Well-Known Member

It isn't a searchable field by default but perhaps with a database query you could.

3. Mr Lucky

I thought so, but am after a more user friendly way,e.g. maybe there is an addon that can do this in the admincp user search.

4. James

James Well-Known Member

@Jon W has an advanced search add-on but I'm not entirely certain if Home Page is an exposed field for that add-on.

Jon W likes this.
  5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It's not currently an option, but it could be added as one. It is a front end add-on, but it can be restricted to admins only.

6. Mr Lucky

Front end would be fine. Although I as thinking of it for admins (weeding out spammers who got in) butI think it could also be very useful for members and guests, just to see a list of members' home pages.

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

If you'd be interested in contributing, please PM me with exactly what you require and we can discuss further.

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Here you go:

Member Search

9. Mr Lucky

Thanks Andy. Have installed but not quite sure, can you please explain how I do the search for all users with a web URL