Browser issue Scroller arrow background flicker

I haven't managed to reproduce this in any browser I've tested. Can you confirm the browser in use (and device, if relevant, as the weird line is also potentially relevant)?

Just to confirm, the potential oddity here is the background gradient disappearing. This looks like it may be a browser rendering bug though, as the background is from the same element as the arrow itself.

I can reproduce it in Chrome based browsers on desktop (using Windows 10, Chrome 71.0.3578.98) when switching to responsive view and on mobile Chrome or Brave browser (using Samsung Galaxy S8).

Where I don't see this is in Firefox on desktop and in Samsung browser on mobile.

Just to confirm, the potential oddity here is the background gradient disappearing.
Yes.

Last edited:
So on Desktop, I can only reproduce this in responsive mode -- it doesn't seem to apply when I just resize the window. I can reproduce it on my S9.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to do anything significant about this. For me, the gradient appears and disappears. In many cases, stopping the scroll resolves it, though not always. This points to it being a browser rendering bug. I'm going to leave this open to try to produce a reduced test case, if possible.

Top Bottom