Scroll down button to a position  higher than the footer

Scroll down button to a position higher than the footer

Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky submitted a new resource:

Scroll down button to a position higher than the footer - The down button can take you higher!

This can be useful if you have a larger footer area than default. Instead of scrolling to the very bottom of the page, the down button can take you to above the footer. By defining a negative top position in extra.less you have control over where the button takes you.

1. In PAGE_CONTAINER change <xf:button href="#footer" class="button--scroll" to <xf:button href="#scrolldownhere" class="button--scroll"

This changes the anchor link

2. also in PAGE_CONTAINER...

Read more about this resource...

XenForo tips & guides [2.x] Scroll down button to a position higher than the footer gives a strange problem.

Even If I alter one item in PAGE_CONTAINER en I will save it, then a fault message comes up:

Oops.webp

What is the problem, I don't know.

Hello Mr. Lucky, I altered exactly conform what you wrote to do in PAGE_CONTAINER
I just tested it and it works fine.

You need to post what you did in order for anyone here to diagnose what you did that would cause the error, because without that it's impossible to say what the issue is.

Hello Mr. Lucky, i took what longer.

See picture:

Oops2.jpg

CSS:
<xf:macro template="helper_js_global" name="body" arg-app="public" arg-jsState="{$jsState}" />

Last edited:
Yes, looks like you missed some stuff after the replacement noted in the instructions. You need to follow exactly what it says or you will get error.

Would have the first notation also been in a codeblock just like the second notation, I would not have missed scroll"

Now everything went well, only I notice no change in the position of the scroll down button.

only I notice no change in the position of the scroll down button.
This doesn’t change the actual position of the button, but the place that it scrolls to.

You adjust that by experimenting with the position offset in the css, to suit your actual footer height.

This can be useful if you have a larger (vertical) footer area than default. Instead of scrolling to the very bottom of the page, the down button can take you instead to the breadcrumbs above the footer. By defining a negative top position in extra.less you have control over how much higher up the page the button takes you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom