1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scheduled Post

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Peter, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Peter

Peter Active Member

Create one or more posts ahead of time to be automatically submitted later.

For example, type the post and get it formatted nicely and then wait for the "press release day" for it to be submitted. News/media/entertainment industries get information but are not allowed to be released until later on (days, weeks, etc.). Even useful for forum announcements.

What do you think?

Valhalla, PVS Kharoud, Sim and 84 others like this.
  2. matthewalan

matthewalan Active Member

I could definitely see quite a few uses for that. But maybe make it only accessible to specific people such as admins and mods. Not the casual member

QenTox, Alex and Trombones13 like this.
  3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I too see a use for this

4. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I actually paid for a modification like this once (vB). This is nice and can be very useful if you want to think ahead, so liked.

5. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

haha. i can think of a user for this on blogs. on forum? i guess there might be uses. :)

6. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

This would save my staff an awful lot of headache, especially in the announcements forum.

7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

yeah I like this.
    You mean having this option for the Admin only, or for a special usergroup or for all members ?

If this feature to be avail for all members, how to prevent spam-flooding ?

8. OperaManiac

of course it has to be limited to mods and admins only :D

9. karrott

karrott Active Member

I guess this could be done with a cron job, and I know I would use it. Nice idea! :)

10. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

This would be really handy for a game, like "be the first to post in the ___ thread when it pops up."

Trombones13 likes this.
  11. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

You could have a system where the post is moderated until a certain time, then it auto approves - so mods and admins could see it beforehand, and edit it as necessary, but members would not see it appear until it went approved.

whynot likes this.
  12. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

Exactly. This should be a mod.

13. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I agree that this would nice particularly for games (I've used the scheduled post capabilities of vB's blog entries for that), announcements, and birthday threads (we have a "Happy Birthday" subforum where "happy birthday to __" threads are made to celebrate, but perhaps they could be made early if one remembered beforehand--this would be where the suggestion Paul M made above me would be handy).

14. anotheralias

A mod is fine, either way I'd love it.

15. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

IPB has it as standard, you can set the opening and closing time of a thread... and it will hide it until then and or after, dependent on what you set, quite a neat feature.

whynot likes this.
  16. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I agree with you. :)

This phrase will be very annoying...

OperaManiac likes this.
  17. OperaManiac

most features being suggested are being turned down as should be a mod. hah. let's hope developers code these mods!

whynot likes this.
  18. anotheralias

Either way is fine with me, I like that people are pretty ruthless about keeping it bloat-free. :D

19. Peter

Peter Active Member

I'm hoping for officially supported and updated mods and not those that get abandoned and left to rot. ;-)

20. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

It ensures that these niche suggestions doesn't get included in the core product to create bloat.