XF 2.2 Saving images from forum for backup

nodle

Good evening. I am looking to make a backup of all the images on my forum. I thought it would be as easy as going to my host downloading a backup and opening the attachments folder and copying them out. But what I am seeing is that they are encoded? I see there is a Data/Attachments folder which hold little thumbnail images, along with an Internal_data/Attachments folder which I assume is the correct folder, but everything is in a .data format. How would I go getting the full-size images for a backup? I just want them in the same size in the posts. Thanks! :)

The .data extension is used, but it’s the full file, it’s not encoded. You can download one of these files and change the .data to the correct extension, for example .jpg and see that it’s an image file.

The .data extension is used, but it’s the full file, it’s not encoded. You can download one of these files and change the .data to the correct extension, for example .jpg and see that it’s an image file.
Thanks @AndyB but what happens if you have a mixture of .jpg, .jpeg, .gifs etc.? How will you know what is supposed to be the correct file extension for each file?

Top Bottom