XF 1.3 Safe to remove folders of old, uninstalled add-ons?

sforum

I am about to upgrade my forum, so am doing a spot of housekeeping.

I have uninstalled a lot of add-ons (for various reasons), and I now only have the following:

addons.webp
I have a lot of old dirs/folders hanging around, however, from old styles and add-ons:

Code:
8wayrun
Aug 6, 2014 09:15 AM        rwx r-x r-x       psacln

aurora
Aug 6, 2014 09:16 AM        rwx r-x r-x       psacln

flexile

flexiledark

img

soft_responsive

soft_responsive_coffee

soft_responsive_green_delete

soft_responsive_old

Am I OK to delete anything that I definitely no longer use? I no longer use 8wayrun XenAtendo, for example - can I remove anything that refers to "EWR..."? Or might other things be dependent on them and it's best to leave them alone?

Thanks. :)

To be sure you are removing the correct files/folders and not leaving any junk behind, have a look inside the zip files of the add-ons you have uninstalled (you can download these again if you haven't got these). They'll likely have library, js, styles and possibly install folders and inside each of these are folders for these add-ons. You can delete these sub folders (NOT the library, js, styles and install folders!!!!) from your site.

Good point, Martok.

One thing you should do is look at the Overview of the add-on and see what other files were uploaded besides the main add-on folder. That way you can remove all files associated with the add-on.

Good point, Martok.

One thing you should do is look at the Overview of the add-on and see what other files were uploaded besides the main add-on folder. That way you can remove all files associated with the add-on.
The zip file for the add-on will show all files contained in the add-on and is likely to be the best reference for this. Often a resource overview doesn't detail the add-on' files.

Top Bottom