Safari Version 5.1.4 works much better than 5.1.3 - javascript

Dean

in memoriam
Just a heads up, my experience with Safari 5.1.3 on XenForo powered sites has not been good. Sluggish response, time outs, etc. Truly painful, especially in the admincp.

I just upgraded my macbook pro to 5.1.4 and the javascript works much much better from my initial testing.

And it is possible that the bug has been fixed where inactive tabs turn black screen when you come back to that tab.

Is this now available outside of the Lion Preview or Dev center?
No, you still need ADC to download the latest Safari 5.2 builds, although there is one for Lion (Mountain Lion includes it by default.) Although it's probably been leaked by now, since the .DMG itself has no license key or anything as a requirement to use.

It's actually quite stable for a beta, I've found, and I like that they finally borrowed the "omnibar" from Chrome. I presume the final version will be on both Lion and Mountain Lion, so probably expect it late summer or so.

Dean,

Try Safari 5.2 it's faster
It could well be.. thing is, I am trying to emulate what my users will use, and the vast majority will only use released software.

But I really appreciate the input and further discussion about 5.2 (y)

Top Bottom