Browser issue Safari / media galery

aana

Affected version
Xenforo 2
Its a problem with the safari Browser.

when you are using safari and go to the media galerie you have this result.

xenforo safari.webp

seem's like to be a problem whith the width. on google the div and the a width are different thant in safari. ( auto vs 0 )

The last release of Safari on Windows was in 2012 so it's not a browser we're aiming to support, unfortunately.

As such, all we can do is recommend using a modern, faster, more secure browser.

I understand your point but the problem is that most of the user's who use a apple device got some problems with xenforo 2.
They have problems to see attachements, they have problem to charge pages ect...

Its not only a problem with safari on windows but a problem with safari on apple devices.

Result : since xenforo we have +12% bounce rate for apple devices.

apple devices users are telling us: pages are slow, attachement got problems, problem with the template of somes pages ect...

Last edited:
I use Apple devices and have seen no such issues.

Even so, Safari on Windows is simply a case of the browser being unsupported, so any other issues would be unrelated to that, and should be troubleshooted on a issue by issue basis.

I use Apple devices and have seen no such issues.

that's seem's not the case of users who have a last year devices or so.

We don't have report from safari's user on windows, i tested it with safari on windows just because i don't have mac.

Top Bottom