1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safari 6 - Better

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anthony Parsons, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

About time Apple fixed that URL bar, incorporating search directly within it.

An overall better experience again IMO...

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I was unaware they had updated.... Apple didn't send me my normal e-mail notice.

F*ck. Must check out Safari 6 and see if all is well on my site.

3. Adam Howard

Safari 5.1.7

Guess either I'll need to wait or they've discontinued Windows

4. Anthony Parsons

I'm on a mac... it came through last night via the Apple software updater.

5. Adam Howard

(y)

OK. So typically another 1 week to another 1 full month .... Thanks for the heads up

6. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Yea.. Chrome it is still.

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Safari's awesome. I like the remember pw feature. Finally near firefox basic level of ease of use.

8. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

As I've read people have started assuming the Windows version will probably be discontinued.

9. Adam Howard

Well that's going to make my debug effort for cross browsers a little harder.

10. pk698

pk698 Active Member

I miss netscape

Adam Howard likes this.
  11. Adam Howard

:love:

Technically speaking, Netscape is not dead. Firefox is basically Netscape, although it has come a long way since then and holds its own now.

First coding I ever did.... Ever was for Netscape. And later a little for coding for Phoenix and Firebird, which was what Firefox was originally named (in that order).

12. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

They removed the backspace function (go back) I understand why this was done but still prefer it over the new cmd+arrow so installed an extension and got it back. About the rest I wasn't using the Google search next to the address bar (cmd+T and having Google set as the homepage is quicker). But it looks clean and no bugs so far.

13. Anthony Parsons

The developer functions in v6 are much better than v5 Safari. I think developers will like it. It is seriously fast... much faster than Chrome or FF.