S.A.F.A.R.I (Slavik's Amazingly Fast And Responsive Importer) [vB4] [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about customizations to vb3 not upgrading - it doesn't matter if your plugins work, just that the attachment system is updated. Everything else is inconsequential. Don't try and actually run vb4 - just leave the database and import from it.

VB3-4 cli upgrade took 10 mins max - the db is on SSD's in RAID 1.

vb4 introduced the CKE and with it various bb codes. I read that the vb3-4 upgrade tool tries to convert custom table bb code to the CKE table code but fails. There is a fix for this somewhere. Its issues like this that you usually do not find until much after the fact. Its best to catch those issues right after the upgrade to vb4 and before importing into XF.

vb4 introduced the CKE and with it various bb codes. I read that the vb3-4 upgrade tool tries to convert custom table bb code to the CKE table code but fails. There is a fix for this somewhere. Its issues like this that you usually do not find until much after the fact. Its best to catch those issues right after the upgrade to vb4 and before importing into XF.

Sorry, I should have read your post better. I didn't know about the CKE editor bb code issue. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

Hm, I read various accounts of the vB3-4 upgrades taking ages... I know CLI would be much faster, but it seems odd that it'd be that fast for a board that large.

It'd be great if we could skip the upgrade to v4 before importing, though. What exactly is the problem with handling v3's attachments and avatars?

Watch this space... something very special to show soon*

*http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

If you can make this importer do direct vB3 -> XF imports I'll buy it immediately. There's really no alternative for vB3 boards which don't want to go through vB4 first because the default vB3 importer doesn't import a whole bunch of things so it's pretty much useless.

If you can make this importer do direct vB3 -> XF imports I'll buy it immediately. There's really no alternative for vB3 boards which don't want to go through vB4 first because the default vB3 importer doesn't import a whole bunch of things so it's pretty much useless.

What doesn't the default vb3 importer support?

As for what doesn't import via the default importer, this is an incomplete list of just some of the important things:
  • thread tags
  • thread edit history
  • user account log
  • user notes
  • reputation comments
  • moderator log
  • deletion log
  • daily stats
Most notably, albums do not import at all. I'm not sure if social groups or blogs do either, but I assume not.

As for what doesn't import via the default importer, this is an incomplete list of just some of the important things:
  • thread tags
  • thread edit history
  • user account log
  • user notes
  • reputation comments
  • moderator log
  • deletion log
  • daily stats
Most notably, albums do not import at all. I'm not sure if social groups or blogs do either, but I assume not.

And of course paid subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom