Running XenForo under HipHop

From what I know, HipHop has issues with Zend.
Are you at the stage of a forum with 10 million online users? :D

From what I know, HipHop has issues with Zend.
Are you at the stage of a forum with 10 million online users? :D

We are using WP/XF integrated in a very active forum and it uses A LOT of CPU resources. We will be making a laboratory with this under Hiphop and posting updates here :)

We are using WP/XF integrated in a very active forum and it uses A LOT of CPU resources. We will be making a laboratory with this under Hiphop and posting updates here :)
Well, I'm used to deal with very large vBulletin 3.8.x forums (50+ million posts or 30k+ online users) and performance was never an issue with the right optimizations and server hardware. So with XenForo should be even less demanding. Of course, you cannot run your forums on an Atom processor (figure of speech) and think HipHop will help. Obviously, for a site like Facebook, running HipHop results on substantial hardware savings. For a typical forum, is a waste of time and other technical resources cost to constantly maintain the software.

Realistically not even worth messing with until you have somewhere in the range of 500+ servers you are running your site on.

Isn't there still an issue with HipHop not supporting eval() statements and xenForo requiring them for template processing?

Top Bottom