Running Xenforo on my shop's website

Dangermouse

Hey, apologies if this has already been asked (I did search but couldn't find the answer)

I have an online shop and would like a forum for my customers to use. Would I be able to run Xenforo as a sub-directory on my site? For example, www.myshop.com/forum ?

XF could be installed there no problem.

Be aware though, customers would have to sign up to XF separately.
There would be no integration without some form of custom development.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. Has anyone else on this forum done that? Wondering if there is a broad template of what that involves.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. Has anyone else on this forum done that? Wondering if there is a broad template of what that involves.

I think that's going to depend on what you're using for a shop. If you're using Wordpress, I found a Wordpress bridge addon that allows WP users to sign into XF and vice versa. That addon costs $300.

And if it's not Wordpress, you're likely going to have to discuss with a Developer. You could talk to a XF Developer first to see if they can implement something between XF and the specific software you're using. It's kinda of a muddy area, because you'll need someone to be familiar with both softwares.

I think that's going to depend on what you're using for a shop. If you're using Wordpress, I found a Wordpress bridge addon that allows WP users to sign into XF and vice versa. That addon costs $300.

And if it's not Wordpress, you're likely going to have to discuss with a Developer. You could talk to a XF Developer first to see if they can implement something between XF and the specific software you're using. It's kinda of a muddy area, because you'll need someone to be familiar with both softwares.

Yeah, cheers, thanks for that. Good advice.
It's been suggested that I rephrase my question to: what info would my developer need to integrate logins between our shop's script.

Being able to buy an add-on would be the perfect solution though.

Yeah, cheers, thanks for that. Good advice.
It's been suggested that I rephrase my question to: what info would my developer need to integrate logins between our shop's script.

Being able to buy an add-on would be the perfect solution though.

Yeah you can get a custom commissioned addon which would be exclusive to you. You could try negotiating for a lower price and allowing the Developer to resell it to everyone on the public XenForo marketplace, that's how some of addons get developed and released.

Once you have a XF license, you can discuss with XF developers here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/

Another question I have is about customising themes. Is it possible to insert multiple links in the forum header to replicate what the shop looks like. This isn't my site, but it's a good example of what we'd like to design:

Would we being able to make a theme with a header that looks like this:

1600296858240.png

So is it possible to include several links to replicate the header of the shop. All other forums I've seen only have one link (their logo) like the one here:

1600297250435.png

Another question I have is about customising themes. Is it possible to insert multiple links in the forum header to replicate what the shop looks like. This isn't my site, but it's a good example of what we'd like to design:

Would we being able to make a theme with a header that looks like this:

View attachment 235207

So is it possible to include several links to replicate the header of the shop. All other forums I've seen only have one link (their logo) like the one here:

View attachment 235208

Yes it is, it requires some heavy editing, but I can confirm it is possible. I did something similar with mine.

Top Bottom