Running my forums website without control panel

xml

I am planning by the end of the year to leave cPanel and run my VPS manually so as a start what is the best configuration of Apache vhost for xenforo?

On my testing VPS, this vhost is running with no error messages:
<virtualhost *:80>
ServerName example.com
ServerAlias www.example.com
DocumentRoot /home/user/public_html
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log combined
</virtualhost>

Any suggestions for a better configuration in case I missed any important directives?

Last edited:
Why not use the LEMP stack instead, like following this complete guide?
Thanks rdn for the link
I checked the Apache vHost configuration and I notice they add this directive:

<Directory /var/www/>
Options FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>

How important this directive for xenforo? can xenforo run without it? I always preferer short and clean codes

I recommend using OpenLitespeed instead of Apache. Web GUI interface, handles higher connection loads then Nginx while using a fraction of the RAM, the fastest PHP stack, and supports Apache .htaccess files. Plus if you use Cyberpanel, you have an extremely light weight control panel for the server. Free.

I recommend using OpenLitespeed instead of Apache. Web GUI interface, handles higher connection loads then Nginx while using a fraction of the RAM, the fastest PHP stack, and supports Apache .htaccess files. Plus if you use Cyberpanel, you have an extremely light weight control panel for the server. Free.
Thank you MySiteGuy for your suggestion but I been with Red Hat family and Apache for 20+ years now and it will be long road to lean about other webservers from zero

Top Bottom