Rules

Rules 1.0.2

No permission to download

CMTV

CMTV submitted a new resource:

Rules - Easily create rules and group them into categories. Bring the power of law to your community!

View attachment 208145

Description

This addon allows you to create rules (title + description) and group them into categories (title + icon). These rules are displaying in a fancy and readable way on a new rules help page.

Users can easily share links to specific rules. When entering the rules page by such a link, a linked rule will be highlighted.

You can also import/export rules.

This is an open source...

Read more about this resource...

Please do not update from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1! Your rules will be removed! I am working on the fix now!

Lovely addon, +1!

Though wanted to let you know that when you add a new rule it says "you may use HTML". Not using HTML will put everything in a single line. So it's a requirement at the moment :). Maybe an option to use HTML or default BBCode tags.

Would it be possible to get the Rule Categories to be bold, and/or to make the font size for rules one step smaller? Right now the Category title and the Rule Titles blend together.

It would be great if an action could be triggered to require acceptance of the Rules, like what can be done for Terms and Rules and the Privacy Policy.

Also, I'm not able to get a font awesome icon to show up.

Would it be possible to get the Rule Categories to be bold, and/or to make the font size for rules one step smaller?
This can be achieved with custom styling. In extra.less add:
Less:
.rules-block
{
    .block-header
    {
        font-weight: bold; // Making category titles bold
    }
}

It would be great if an action could be triggered to require acceptance of the Rules, like what can be done for Terms and Rules and the Privacy Policy.
Well, as a workaround, you can setup a custom link for "Terms and Rules" that leads to "Rules" page on general forum options page. Also, you can change the template about accepting Terms and Rules and add a link to Rules directly.

Also, I'm not able to get a font awesome icon to show up.
Make sure the icon you want to use exists in Font Awesome collection and you prepend it with fa-. For example: fa-adjust.
If this is not working make sure you are using XenForo 2.1+. Also, custom styles might affect the icons as well.

This looks great, I really like it. But when users agree to terms and rules when they sign up, the don't see these rules do they? They are on a seperate new rules page.

Thank you!

Yes. They are on separate help page. So the only way to show them when asking to agree to terms and rules is:
Well, as a workaround, you can setup a custom link for "Terms and Rules" that leads to "Rules" page on general forum options page. Also, you can change the template about accepting Terms and Rules and add a link to Rules directly.

This looks like the beginnings of a great rules page and may work for smaller communities.

I'd like to see something like

1. Rule 1
    1. Rule 1 Expanded (Say maximum penalty)
    2. Rule 1 Expanded (Minimum penalty)
  2. Rule 2
And organize as they go along. That way, if warnings are given, we can warn based on 1.1 or 2. and keep an accurate record of them (even if rules are "soft deleted" or removed so we can see previous offenses to grant warning points over).

I will most likely implement this as is, but, the copy link should also include an icon to a discussion on that rule so it can be thoroughly explained too.

I don't use this add-on, but I am going to eventually! Thank you so much for making this and offering it free of charge! (y)

Found a small bug: you can add a rule with id 0, but you can’t edit it anymore, because an error occurs.

Add rule.webpRules.webpEdit rule Test.webpEdit rule Test Error.png.webp

Hi :) Great add-on.

Quick question. The styling of the rules page is pretty hard-coded I guess? I am no expert at all but I've searched for ways to bold, make things bigger, smaller, etc etc. One thing I need to change is the red "link"
h5m8c7z.png

For any forum that isn't white, the red link highlight can be very bothersome for the eyes. How does one change that? I love it and the idea of it, just the colours aren't very well accessible :)

Thank you for a great plugin @CMTV !

Reactions: Maa
Hi :) Great add-on.

Quick question. The styling of the rules page is pretty hard-coded I guess? I am no expert at all but I've searched for ways to bold, make things bigger, smaller, etc etc. One thing I need to change is the red "link"
h5m8c7z.png

For any forum that isn't white, the red link highlight can be very bothersome for the eyes. How does one change that? I love it and the idea of it, just the colours aren't very well accessible :)

Thank you for a great plugin @CMTV !
Any ideas? @CMTV

Reactions: Maa
I agree with @Xantam; this is a great add-on, but is there any way to change the styling for specific styles (we have a dark and light version).

Thanks

Top Bottom