rules in forum

Luca_

hi, I would like to give a suggestion for the next XF versions, I would like that in ACP in the node creation, there was the possibility above some forums / categories to insert a text field where to insert annotations and rules; It can be done with ads, but it's not the same thing. I saw this feature on IPB, it would be nice to see it on XF

hi, I would like to give a suggestion for the next XF versions, I would like that in ACP in the node creation, there was the possibility above some forums / categories to insert a text field where to insert annotations and rules; It can be done with ads, but it's not the same thing. I saw this feature on IPB, it would be nice to see it on XF
There is an addon that does this if you are interested.

There is an addon that does this if you are interested.
Which one? The Rules add-on I use just lets you create nicely formatted, modular rules page in in the Help Pages. I think he is looking for a field on the node where you can add rules specific to that node (I think). Could this not be done in the description, though? It supports HTML so you could do an ordered list or something for the rules. I have never tried it, though. Just the first thing that popped into my head.

Which one? The Rules add-on I use just lets you create nicely formatted, modular rules page in in the Help Pages. I think he is looking for a field on the node where you can add rules specific to that node (I think). Could this not be done in the description, though? It supports HTML so you could do an ordered list or something for the rules. I have never tried it, though. Just the first thing that popped into my head.
that's right, I'm looking for something that goes over the nodes, forum .. I don't need a dedicated page
Possibly this one?

i think that's what i'm looking for .. but .. 10 dollars for a beta plugin .. it seems absurd to me
You can use Notices as well.
that's what I'm doing .. I also thought about the ad blocker (visible only in that particular forum) and that seems ok too .. if it were integrated in xenforo I think it's great though.

I have always just put a sticky, locked post as the first thread but I like your approach better.
I've always done this .. from good ol 'mybb to vbulletin, when I have produced content for users on IPB you realize this option is really comfortable and beautiful. friend I'll explain the problem. I am looking for this solution for my market section (buy and sell) with mandatory prefixes, (buy prefix, sell prefix) if I create a normal discussion (the rules) without any prefix, XF asks me to insert it. I can't create a sticky thread called prefixed rules (buy or sell) and here is the implementation I was asking for.

I am looking for this solution for my market section (buy and sell) with mandatory prefixes, (buy prefix, sell prefix) if I create a normal discussion (the rules) without any prefix, XF asks me to insert it. I can't create a sticky thread called prefixed rules (buy or sell) and here is the implementation I was asking for.
You mean something like this?

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 1.16.27 AM.png

Or this?
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 1.20.00 AM.webp

Simple notice will do the job.

Basically a notice.... just in a different location.
Maybe you should investigate the ACP -> Communications -> Notices abilities and all the functions it can allow you to provide a notice in... It's MUCH more powerful than what you related from IPS as it allows specific discussion nodes, specific RM categories, specific XFRM albums and it also integrates with numerous other add-ons (like all of Bob's stuff) as well as specific navigation tabs, controllers, content template, various user criteria and more. The thing is, being more complicated, it's not simply a one-shot deal like what you show on the IPS screenshot.
In addition to "rules", you can prompt the user to add a custom avatar, notices for users with specific email addresses (say to alert them that Hotmail addresses will no longer be honored and they will be put into a status requiring them to revalidate their email effective on a certain date) and SO much more.

I use https://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-reply-banner.6222/ to put rules on for specific threads. Shows up just before the Reply box.

Really easy to add Rules per thread.
1665039444579.webp

Shows up before reply box on all the pages.
1665039490049.webp

Top Bottom