1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed RTL: visitorTabs' popups are opened to the wrong side

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by rellect, Jul 6, 2013.

1. rellect

rellect Well-Known Member

The visitorTabs' (Username, Inbox) popups are opened to the wrong side in RTL (except Alrets).

Current result:
    wrong.png

Expected result:
    correct.png

2. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Its not a bug.

Popups open on right side (left for RTL) by default. If there is not enough space on right side to fit whole popup, popup opens on left side. Direction of popup does not depends on where menu item is located (user tabs section or main tabs section), it depends only on spacing between edge of browser window and element that opens popup.

3. rellect

rellect Well-Known Member

Well the RTL version should be a reflection of the LTR version.
    If the popup is opened to one side in LTR version, it should be opened to the opposite side in RTL version, this is not the case here.

4. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

It is.

On this forum it is opened to the left because your username is too short so there is no space for popup on the right side. Edit username in tab with firebug or something to make it longer, then open popup. It will open to the right.

5. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

So if the username is long, shouldn't this be reproduced in RTL (the opening to the right)?

[​IMG]

6. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

What I wrote above about this forum applies to LTR. RTL mirrors everything, so default direction of popup is left instead of right. That's exactly what you see on that screenshot.

7. Moshe1010

That didn't work for me:
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1944/zjoo.png

Chrome 27

8. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

On that screenshot there is still not enough space on right side for popup. Try making "Inbox" text longer too

Moshe1010 likes this.
  9. Moshe1010

Yea, now I get the idea . Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013