[RT] Online Status Ribbon

[RT] Online Status Ribbon 1.3.7

No permission to download
Hello.
@Daniel 'RTRD' , I had a huge load on my serever with this mod on in case of cpu usage and load average. I have about 700 users peak online with about 11000 in total on forum. The interesting thing is that load doesn't drop if I turn it off. I'm using APC opcode and I can say load even higher when it's off with about 20 load average on peak time. Here is other examples with APC on and status ribbon off and on:

Attachments

• all_without_status.webp
    all_without_status.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 19
  • load_w_mods.webp
    load_w_mods.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 18
So how do you know that this mod is responsible for the high load if you still get high load with this mod off? I don't understand.

@Dakis, Please, look at load average in attached files, especially the first values. As for cpu usage which you could see in the first file I can say that usually it not so high and the highest I've seen.

I'm not arguing with you :) I'm trying to understand what you're saying as I'm having also high load problems on my server ;)

I'm not arguing too :), just want to be sure its clear. I'd just seen in real time how turning this mod on and off affect on values.

It doesn't make much sense. My load is about 0.1-0.3 with or without this add-on. I have about 500-600 users at peak times. Even looking at the queries this add-on adds to XF, it doesn't have anything that can affect CPU load by whatever you are saying here. I would try to investigate more in depth about this or other add-ons you have.

Maybe here is some kind of conflict. Mods that are installed: AzuCloud, Double Post, Post Ratings, Quote Me, Sitemap, Tapatalk, TMS, Tag me. XF version 1.1.5.

I also have Double post, Quote ME, and Sitemap. I don't believe TMS is causing this, nor Tag me. I guess your three last options are Tapatalk and AzuCloud, and Post Ratings.

Your other option is upgrading to XF 1.2 and hope for the best. Or just delete the "Online Status Ribbon" add-on, but I don't think it would help you. Can you see anything in debug mode? try refreshing 10-20 times at different pages and see if the page load changes drastically. If yes, try to look for the query that takes the longest time and investigate from there.

@Moshe1010 Thank you for your help. There is no any sensible difference with AzuCloud and Post Ratings off and Tapatalk uninstalled. For the pages inside themes with lots of content with Status Ribbon enabled it takes around 3 sec with 12 queries in general. When I disable it the same page has 0,3 sec with 10 queries. This is without mods I've mentioned above in booth cases. In debugger I could not see anything special exept that only page load time is drastically raising. Anyway, I would try it after upgrading to 1.2 later.

@Moshe1010 Thank you for your help. There is no any sensible difference with AzuCloud and Post Ratings off and Tapatalk uninstalled. For the pages inside themes with lots of content with Status Ribbon enabled it takes around 3 sec with 12 queries in general. When I disable it the same page has 0,3 sec with 10 queries. This is without mods I've mentioned above in booth cases. In debugger I could not see anything special exept that only page load time is drastically raising. Anyway, I would try it after upgrading to 1.2 later.
Online Status Ribbon Activated:
ScreenShot335.webp

Online Status Ribbon Dectivated:
ScreenShot334.webp

Online Status Ribbon Activated:
ScreenShot338.webp

Online Status Ribbon Dectivated:
ScreenShot337.webp

Last edited:
Thank you Daniel, but it doesn't tell anything for my case.
I do not have any troubles with this add-on on 1.2 and I did not have any troubles on 1.1.3. So I recommend you do a clean install of 1.2 and then only install this add-on to see the changes on load on the server.

After some excessive testing, the only disadvantage I've found in this add-on is page loading times when there are 20 comments in a page. It increases page load by 600% (about 1-1.3 seconds [debug mode] vs. 0.2-0.4 without this add-on).
Sever Load doesn't really change with or without.

Hello. So it looks like it is not a compatibility issue. Maybe it depends on some server settings? I just have no other thoughts.
I'm usung one of the Bytemark's vm's. Symbiosis V4

Last edited:
Top Bottom