XF 1.5 RSS widget in a specific thread

You will need to edit the template and use a conditional statement utilising the thread ID.

These guides should help

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

I'm sorry but I don't find any information regarding my request...

OR use BD Widget Framework. Its great for placing elements anywhere you want to.

I'm using this add-on but when I put the hook, it places the RSS widget on the forum_list even if I put the correct hock... :/

This is the hook position I'm using atm => hook:page_container_breadcrumb_top

In fact, I just want to place the widget inside a specific thread under the breadcrumb but when I use the above hook, it works but it is on the home page... :eek:

If you want support with the add-on, you will need to post in the thread.

Otherwise you will need to use the technique I have already explained.

Hello all,

I have 4 forum ID where I want to add a RSS widget from "Rotoworld" but the goal is adding a different widget inside each forum ID "threads in occurence".
BD Widget Framework doesn't have an option to do that so according to Brogan, the second option is using conditional statement but I don't know which template I have to modify.
To be honest, I can play with CSS but the rest is total unknown for me... Can someone help me for this?

In att. a capture where I want to put the widget "if possible horizontally"

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-11-14 à 11.45.14.webp
    Capture d’écran 2015-11-14 à 11.45.14.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
Correct.
Hence why you need to use a conditional statement utilising the ID.

This resource explains how to do that - you can use the array syntax for 4 IDs.

Correct.
Hence why you need to use a conditional statement utilising the ID.

This resource explains how to do that - you can use the array syntax for 4 IDs.

I read every point to the point 40 but I think this one is good for me:

30. How can I show content in a specific thread?
<xen:if is="{$thread.thread_id} == x">
This content will show in thread x
</xen:if>

However, how do I add the RSS url so the content?

You add your content between the xen:if tags.

Thanks.
In fact, it was the conditional statement number 27...
Here is an example but before making an error, I prefer to ask you if it's correct?

However, where shall I put the forum ID so "26" in my case?
What about the position like on the attached capture?
Can I put this conditional statement on the end of the template?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-11-14 à 11.45.14.webp
    Capture d’écran 2015-11-14 à 11.45.14.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 8
The instructions in the resource explain clearly where the ID goes.
The other resource I linked to in your other thread explains how to edit the template.
Also, adding a URL like that is not going to add an RSS feed widget - it will juts add a URL.

Really, these posts are all off topic for this thread so you should continue it in your other thread.

Really, these posts are all off topic for this thread so you should continue it in your other thread.

You told me in the previous thread to discuss here about the resource and it is the case cause I'm asking help for "conditional statement"...
I understand you make this tutorial and it is clear for some person but it is not easy to understand, you are developper, for you it is simple, for me, it is almost Chinese and this is why I'm asking your help cause there is no example for RSS but only content
and I have no idea what content I have to put in my case to show the RSS information and of course the position...

I read the entire article but once again, you speak about an example like the "staff block" and about the xentags, there is no example for ID or something like that => https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/update?update=15795

Seriously, in my case, I want to place the widget on a specific place, in a specific forum ID and it is a RSS content...

You just give me links and do what you have to do, that's your answer, this is not helping people I'm sorry!
I don't asking to do this in my place, I do not have problem to handle this by my self but I can't...

I have moved the posts to your original thread.

The guides I posted links to are very detailed and considerable time and effort has been put into them - they exist for that reason, to allow people to customise their site and they are written in such a way to make them as easy as possible to follow.
I can't explain it here any better than it is in those guides.

I'm not going to write the exact code for you.
The purpose of getting you to do it yourself is so you become self sufficient and don't have to ask every time you want to edit a template.

Top Bottom