XF 1.5 RSS Feeder

Ben44

The Feeder collects and forwards 5 items at a time. This is starting to overwhelm my forum.

I have set the collection time to 12 hours but there appears nowhere to set the amount of items collected.

Anyone help me please ?

https://no1forum.co.uk

The number of items is hard coded and can't be changed.

Once the feed catches up with the current date and entries, it will only fetch new entries from that point on, up to 5 at a time.

Anyone help me please ?
You will need to modify the library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php and find
Code:
        /**
         * Maximum number of entries to be fetched per-feed per-import.
         * @var integer
         */
        protected static $_maxEntriesPerImport = 5;

/**
and modify the 5 to how ever many you want. This will have to be done after every update of the script.

Thank you very much for that Brogan. That's a bit of a nuisance really as I have two RSS feeds and can wake up in the morning to 20 posts between them.

I might have to have a think about disabling them altogether which is a shame.

I didn't see your post Tracy while I answered Brogan's. That look promising, where is this 'Library' ?

Last edited:
Thanks all for your help. I followed your guide Tracy and now only have 2 items at a time :)
Sorry I didn't catch the earlier post.. for any that may not be aware of where the /library folder, it is located off the root of wherever you have your forum script installed.

Be aware, any time you perform an upgrade, you will have to edit that file, and further if you run a file check, it will show as not correct.
Glad it worked for you.

Top Bottom