• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Route Filter Question

I have a route filter set up as follows...
Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at Sun, Dec 14, 2.16 PM.png
and I would like to create an actual directory on the server called /compare-wearables/ so that I can create pages such as /compare-wearables/specs.php. However, when I create the /compare-wearables/ directory, the route filter seems to disable itself, and the page node no longer works.

So—how can I use a page node/route filter for the page at /compare-wearables/ while still being able to create a real directory /compare-wearables/ with files such as /compare-wearables/specs.php?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
XenForo routes are directories that *do not* exist on the server. If the directory exists then it will conflict.

Do you want those PHP files to become the content of your page nodes?

Ideally it would be fantastic to use real php files as the content for my page nodes, but to my knowledge this is not possible.

For now I created a test page node here, which is a form that submits to a PHP page. I'd like to make this page node into /compare-wearables/ and have the form submit to /compare-wearables/specs.php or something similar. You get the idea. But I can't figure out how to have a real PHP page inside a page node directory.

And again, if there's a way to have a PHP file be the content of a page node, I'm all ears.