Roadmap / planned features

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

I spent several days planing and writing code for my feed importer add-on, which became now useless because it's already implemented in beta6.

I know that's hard and xenforo will always implement some features, which were already covered by an add-on, but it would be really nice to have at least a "small list" of planed features for the next version(s) to not spend time with developing things which will became useless:p

The vBulletin blog was so essential to my site I could never badmouth it. I have a completely different opinion, this was an excellent product that filled some needs that nobody else in the market could do.

My community was skeptical at the beginning, but they began to write more.. and more .. and more ... and suddenly everybody was using it. It was an outlet for letting people share personal stuff that they would not share in the forums. Things like "I have new food for my cat" or "I went to the supermarket and a bee sting me", that most likely interest themselves and 4 more, and are useless for a thread even in a chit chat forum, were excellent for a blog. It was a success.

The irony? Now I have some hundred thousand blog posts and I cannot migrate to XenForo because abandoning blogs would result in an uprising in my forums.

The issue I see with blog posts is that they dilute content and divert writers to their own space as opposed to having those writers contribute to the forum as a whole. Would you mind sharing your site? I am curious to see how you managed to monetize all that blog content.

The issue I see with blog posts is that they dilute content and divert writers to their own space as opposed to having those writers contribute to the forum as a whole. Would you mind sharing your site? I am curious to see how you managed to monetize all that blog content.

My site is http://foro.cemzoo.com

I, however, do not monetize the blog content. It's most of the times personal entries from the members.

Top Bottom