Resource icon

RM: Classifieds Translation 1.0

No permission to download
I finally got a chance to play with this and think you did an excellent job (y)
There are a couple artifacts left over from the core RM that could be removed and a professional classified system would probably offer a few more classified specific options. Do you have any plans to expand beyond the translation? Lots of potential here.

I finally got a chance to play with this and think you did an excellent job (y)
There are a couple artifacts left over from the core RM that could be removed and a professional classified system would probably offer a few more classified specific options. Do you have any plans to expand beyond the translation? Lots of potential here.

Actually, I do not. I am not a hardcore addon developer and wouldn't know how to make the addon you suggested.

Does this work with only downloads? Or can it be physical goods for sale also? Because i think with the rating system.... is that you can only rate once you download a good. Idk how that would work if someone was using this for buying and selling physical goods. Please let me know.

Thanks

Question - if we're using the Resource Managers plugin by Waindigo to have multiple instances of RM with different names, can I use this translation plugin for one of the instances of RM and not affect the other instances? Looks like it does but I'm not sure how to override the language for each resource type. Do you upload the language file and not overwrite the main language file? This way you can select it in the resource type?

Last edited:
Question - if we're using the Resource Managers plugin by Waindigo to have multiple instances of RM with different names, can I use this translation plugin for one of the instances of RM and not affect the other instances?

This is from the resource page of Resource Managers by Waindigo.

It is also possible to override the language of each Resource Manager to allow for different content types (e.g. Resources, Articles, Classifieds, etc.).

Sorry, updated my post right when you replied... do you import the translation and not overwrite the main language file so that you can select it from that resource type?

Sorry, updated my post right when you replied... do you import the translation and not overwrite the main language file so that you can select it from that resource type?
Import the translated language and while creating a resource Tab using in the resource manager by Waindigo.. there's an option to select the languae for that specific resource Tab and enable over-ride user's choice... and you are good to go (y)

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 6.24.51 PM.webp

Kudos on the great effort. I'm trying it out, but the RM is just not classifieds-friendly enough for us. There's no sense in digital downloads and ratings and "most downloaded" tabs when you're just trying to sell a bass guitar. I'm definitely on the lookout for a full-featured classifieds addon :)

would it be possible to contact the developer to ask about picking up where he left off? we have a developer we use for special projects that might be interested in taking a look at the project.
thanks,
bart

Top Bottom