Style right to left style

Adam Howard

Let me start off right off the bat (sort of speak) and say, my native language, which is English, naturally flows left to right. With the said, the idea of me attempting to design something right to left, maybe dramatically "flawed", but I do think I should be given a small "A" for effort (as far as I know, there are no style built with this as default).

The idea is to only modify either style properties or extra.css templates (and not go full commando everywhere else)

This is a VERY early prototype (pre-alpha). I welcome and encourage anyone to "help" in the development (please).

Screenshot from 2014-01-02 12:00:00.webp

Important key note: I did not do this on my test site. I did this on the fly (quick, easy, and careless) on my live site. If you attempt to us this yourself, you will need to change the following setting
  • Path to Images
  • Path to logo
  • Path to node icons
Just simply revert them. If you don't know how to do this, you're already out of your league and should wait until the final release.

If you don't want to help debug this (it needs it). But still want to see my "crazy" attempt. You're welcome to checkout a live version. http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/misc/style?style_id=46 Though I can't stress enough when I say, pre-alpha.

Although noted, I really could use the help on this. It will be released for free (yay!) and credit will be given to those who are willing to lend a hand.

Attachments

Why can't you simply make a new language that is right to left? Selecting 'Right-to-Left' gets the result in the screenshot below. You will spend a tremendous amount of time trying to convert just the style.

upload_2014-1-2_12-29-3.webp

upload_2014-1-2_12-28-3.webp

Top Bottom