Other rewrite of a 36 line script to work with mysqli/php 7

Carla Birch

Hi, i have a very old 5 star rating script that is a core part of some of my sites systems, the problem is it's that old the code is all for mysql, so it could do with a rewrite to work with mysqli and php 7 as i wish to update my servers php to the latest version, but this script breaking is stopping me.

here is the code for the script.

PHP:
<?php
require_once('config.php');
mysql_connect($db_server, $db_username, $db_password) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($db_database) or die(mysql_error());

$div_id = $_GET['id'];
$rating = $_GET['rating'];

if($rating){
//Check that this person hasn't already left a rating
$result = mysql_query("SELECT id FROM ratings WHERE div_id = '" . $div_id . "' AND ip = '" . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "'") or die(mysql_error()); 
$row = mysql_fetch_array( $result );
if(!$row['id']){
    $result = mysql_query("INSERT INTO ratings (rating,div_id,ip) VALUES('" . $rating . "','" . $div_id . "','" . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . "')") or die(mysql_error());      if($result){ $report = "<span style=\"color: green;\"> You rated this: $rating</span>"; }
} else {
$report = "<span style=\"color: red;\"> You have already rated this.</span>";
}
}
?>

<?php
$result = mysql_query("SELECT avg(rating), COUNT(*) FROM ratings WHERE div_id = '" . $div_id . "'") or die(mysql_error()); 
$row = mysql_fetch_array( $result );

$x=1;
while($x<=5){
    $stars .= "<li><a onClick=\"javascript:addRating('$div_id','$x');\" class=\"star$x\">$x</a></li>";
    $x++;
}
?>

<ul class='star-rating'>
<li class="current-rating" id="current-rating" style="width: <?php echo round($row[0],1) * 20; ?>%;"></li>
<? echo $stars; ?>
</ul>
<div><small><?php echo "<span style=\"color: grey;\">Rating: " . round($row[0],1) . "/5 (" . $row[1] . " Ratings)</span> " . $report; ?></small></div>

If anyone is willing to rewrite it that will be a great help even if a small fee is needed for your time.

Top Bottom