review.....

Muddy Boots

I just left a review on Trustpilot, after reading this thread

Let us know what you think - review us on Trustpilot

All I can say is i'm converted and wont be staying with IPS anymore, had 4 licenses, sold 1 domain (community), 3 left, shut 1, converted 1 already to try, love XF and will convert the other before the years out.....

I do love the IPS suite however they have many things that are just plain wrong

Pages and Commerce are never updated, there latest focus is on sweatshirts and a shopify shop :rolleyes: go figure ! They have a commerce app in there suite and its so bad they pay for a shopify shop rather than using their own commerce application......

There cloud totally sucks (I was there for a while so this is from experience) - so much so if you complain about their cloud on there forums it gets deleted and you get a PM

I came from vB to IPS many many years ago and at that time IPS rocked, its going the same way vB did (told them that and it got deleted 😆 )

And by far the best thing is the price - IPS has risen so much its no longer cost effective for smaller forums with low income $850 to buy the suite - go figure.....

Anyways XF is in my opinion really nice - now I have (almost) got used to it and my users love it......

And the support here is really good and knowledgeable - @Brogan needs a pay rise - he's a one man support machine.....

And the PixelEdit themes are awesome as well.....

Last edited:

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
robert redford yes GIF

Arnox

The Guild Wars 2 forum uses Invision... I'm not sure what possessed them to go with such a mediocre solution, but it's terrible and I hate it. You can't get a raw view of your typed post. You can't turn off the automatic double-spacing. You can't even turn off the reactions. They're actually charging for this when XF is on the market? lol I would literally rather use SMF than Invision.

VBX Co

We tried IPS on one of our sites and soon found it was more clunky than it seemed on the surface: phpBB > vB3 > IP.Board + extras > Xenforo + Gallery ... never looked back. :)

Forsaken

The Guild Wars 2 forum uses Invision... I'm not sure what possessed them to go with such a mediocre solution, but it's terrible and I hate it. You can't get a raw view of your typed post. You can't turn off the automatic double-spacing. You can't even turn off the reactions. They're actually charging for this when XF is on the market? lol I would literally rather use SMF than Invision.
This is because they already have their own framework built for running all of their active games (that have a forum) on Invision, which was made prior to GW2 release.

Sony Online Entertainment (now Daybreak) use to use XenForo (their old forums still exist, but are inactive).